Thursday, May 12, 2022

Tiny Planes Done!

Hey all,

Not much to say here. I wanted to paint up a few planes as Titanicus terrain. I think that, if I were to start a SM army in the Heresy, it'd be Iron Warriors and so I decided to give that paint scheme a go.


I used the Forgeworld Iron Circle as a reference, loosly. Here's the recipe.
  1. Paint up metals overall: Scale75 Thrash Metal blended down into Citadel Black Templars Contrast and highlighted with Scale75 Heavy Metal.
  2. Paint chevrons. Paint the surface in a red-pink-white gradient (I used Citadel Mephiston Red mixed with white but it really doesn't matter), then glaze yellow over it (I used Citadel Yriel Yellow), blend and stipple in some Fuegan Orange and Gore Grunta Fur Contrast. It should look rough a bit, don't obsess over making it perfect. Then paint on some black lines, neaten it up, and then add yellow/white or yellow or orange wherever the balance seems a bit off.
  3. Paint on coppers. I used random paints here, but Scale75 Decayed Metal and Wyldwood Contrast went into the shadows and I used Moonstone Alchemy and Old Copper and others for mids and highs.
  4. Paint on blacks. I just painted the surface black and edge highlighted some of the detail in warm grey colors - Gris Pardo Brown Gray.
  5. Grime everything up in [Streaking Grime for Panzer Grey](https://ak-interactive.com/product/streaking-grime-for-panzer-grey/). It's a dark red grime that creates a bit of a rusty feel. I also put in some oil paint here and there, and used the regular greenish Streaking Grime grime in places, but that just adds variety and really isn't necessary.
  6. Touch up whatever needs touching up.
  7. For the windows I blended Scale75 Abyssal Blue into Artic Blue.
Thanks for looking.









 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, well executed. Congrats on your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look superb, love the windscreens of the cockpit too.

    ReplyDelete