Sunday, August 23, 2015

Forbidden Stars World Eaters

I am writing this months after having painted the miniatures. From memory, here are the paints I used.

I basecoated all minis in Chaos Black.

Reds: a solid layer of Wazdakka red, a wash of Agrax Earthshade, Wazdakka again but only covering flat, elevated surfaces and avoiding inlays - leaving them darker. Finally, I think I mixed Wazdakka Red with Wild Rider Red to brighten some elevated areas. It might have been a mix of Wazdakka Red and Scar White instead.

Bronze: a solid layer of Brass scorpion, a wash Agrax Earthshade, a thin layer of Hashut Copper over all elevated surfaces, and edge highlights in Gehenna's Gold on all edges that I expect to reflect light.

Steel: Leadbelcher followed by Nuln Oil, then Runefang Steel on elevated areas.

Rocks/bases: Eshin Grey, Nuln Oil, drybrushed Administratum Grey. Or maybe I drybrushed Ulthuan Grey, not sure. I think it's Administratum Grey.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Scythe - further conversion and paint stripping

As mentioned previously, I started converting Scythes differently before. I pushed the conversion a step further and (attempted to) use green stuff to make those Wraith plates more integrated with the hull. Here's how it's looking for now, partway through sanding:

Frankly, it looks disgusting. It's not done yet, but I don't think I did a terrific job. When I look at similar green stuff projects online, it looks smooth and almost polished. Mine looks like a lump, and sanding it to shape made it look like a green lump covered in sawdust.

I did the same thing to my old Scythe, after using plain rubbing alcohol to strip the paint down to the primer. I'm waiting for the green stuff to dry for a bit before I start sanding this one:

I don't really know what to think, but I better keep going. Ugh.

Thanks for looking.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Spyder Done!

Damn, I'll need to touch up the ridges on the back of the model. I stripped the paint on the corners by holding the model. Sigh.

Looks good though. Not my top work but done in a few nights, and I enjoyed seeing progress happen before my eyes.

Night/Doom Scythe Conversion mkII

After being very unhappy with my previous conversion, I decided to give alternatives a shot, and revisit my old model and update it after I find something better.

Here goes the Wraith back plate section with some bass guitar string for good measure. I like i a lot. I'll need to do more greenstuff work after the superglue settles, and then repeat the same thing on the other Scythe I'm building right now.

Thanks for looking.