Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Scythe - further conversion and paint stripping

As mentioned previously, I started converting Scythes differently before. I pushed the conversion a step further and (attempted to) use green stuff to make those Wraith plates more integrated with the hull. Here's how it's looking for now, partway through sanding:

Frankly, it looks disgusting. It's not done yet, but I don't think I did a terrific job. When I look at similar green stuff projects online, it looks smooth and almost polished. Mine looks like a lump, and sanding it to shape made it look like a green lump covered in sawdust.

I did the same thing to my old Scythe, after using plain rubbing alcohol to strip the paint down to the primer. I'm waiting for the green stuff to dry for a bit before I start sanding this one:

I don't really know what to think, but I better keep going. Ugh.

Thanks for looking.


  1. I think it looks good. The thing with green stuffing is that it always looks so wrong before you prime. Then afterwords it looks fine! Keep working at it, the idea is awesome!

    1. I'm still working on them. I tried priming just to see how smooth it was, and it wasn't perfect but it was far better than it looked otherwise. Then I sanded the primer away on all parts that needed more work.