Monday, December 31, 2018

Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan Done!

Phew! A lot of stuff I've done for the first time here. Lacquer metallics, inks, value sketching, OSL using inks, painting in scratches and bullet marks. I'm very proud of how it turned out.

There are a few things I could have done better, and I hope I will in the future.

My value sketch didn't account for OSL enough, and it got completely lost when I layered on steel metallics. I maintained diffuse, zenithal lights and shadows all along, but when it came time to do OSL after having finished all painting and weathering, I found myself layering orange inks over black and that wasn't working out. I went back with a brush and reconstructed some of the OSL values after having painted the rest of the model; that's unfortunate.

The decal on his loin plate is too white. It's no surprise since it's a white decal, but I should tone it down. It's in deep shadow and it should pop out as much. The black side of that decal got ruined when I repainted the beige part of the plate. I may need to go back and reapply the black decals there, humph.

Due to the fact I was doing orange OSL over neutral to cold tinted metallics, there are regions where the light tints green a bit too much. I should have warmed up metallics in vicinity of where light would be, just to be ready for warm colors.

There were a few places where the paint has rubbed off from handling, and you can see them on the pictures. I've touched those up already but I don't want to do another photo session.

All that said, I'm still very proud of what I got here. I definitely stretched my limits here and have learned a lot from it.

Enough words! Thanks for looking.

1 comment: