Tuesday, April 13, 2021

UCM Starter Fleet Done!

I've played through the Homeworld games again a few months back. It turns out that there's a rerelease of Homeworld: Cataclysm, that I didn't know about, and Deserts of Kharak was on my backlog for years. They're good games still! And they really got me into spaceships and "look how big this one is compared to this other one" in scifi. So I got the Dropfleet Commander starter set and it scratched that itch really well.

Here's my UCM fleet, in Hiigaran colors. I'm working on the Scourge part right now.

I wanted to keep it quick and simple, so I used washes and wet blending to great effect. Yeah there was a lot of panel highlighting but it's nothing to blending and highlighting trim on Adeptus Titanicus models. I'm used to this kind of torture I guess.

For blue, I used Scale75 Azul de Bering, with some white mixed in for the highlight and Drakenhof Nightshade for the darker shade. It's all wet blended very roughly, but the panels are small enough that it doesn't show, especially once you panelline and bring it together.

For orange, I used Scale75 Mars Orange, brightened with white and darkened with Fuegan Orange. For the white panels, I used a 50/50 mix of white and Ushabti Bone, darkened and lighened changing the ratio between those two colors. All the little dots and lines that serve as surface detail are just white. I used Nuln Oil to panelline everything and shade metals, which are Vallejo Metal Color Silver with White Aluminum as spot highlight.

Thanks for looking!










No comments:

Post a Comment