Thursday, July 26, 2018

Ironclad Converted!

It's been a while since I posted anything again! I'm not that good at taking pics as I work. I'll probably need to take a family photo soon to atone.

But here's this guy!


I always wanted to improve on the "classic" Dreadnought pattern. I guess giving one actual limbs was a good start! And creating an actual Seismic Hammer was just perfect.

This is a mix of the (no longer available) Forgeworld Mk IV Ironclad and a Relic Contemptor. The hammer's staff is 3D printed, and the head piece is made from a few Flamestorm Cannon bodies and a Storm Raven landing sled.

The pose is somewhat fragile for such a heavy resin model, so I pinned him all the way through. Arms, legs, and joints all have brass rods holding them together. Only fingers are superglued without brass support; but I'm ok living with that.

The missiles and flamers are all magnetized. I don't have storm bolters that would fit in place of the flamers, and I'd like to convert some at some point.

Thanks for looking!








2 comments: