Friday, September 16, 2016

Praetorians Done!

Finally!

I'm happy with how these turned out, considering I could spare a few hours a week to paint in the last few months. They're a solid tabletop quality, but certainly not my best work up close. Oh well, they still look stunning.

One thing that didn't turn out that well is the light that's supposed to shine from the orbs on their backs. Shining light on those rib things on their backs. That OSL work is really hard to see at tabletop distance. It's not very good OSL mind you, I did it very heavy handed in order to make it pop more; I don't think it worked out that well anyway.

The tails hold up great. The texture is still a bit grainy after priming, but it doesn't really show in dark gray. Had I sanded the tails first they'd be smooth.

Oh, and there's a lot of fine white dust on the models on these pics. I was sanding some white stuff yesterday while these were on my desk - oops! I didn't see it until after taking the pics. I will brush it off the models.

Anyway, on to the pics. Thanks for looking!









1 comment:

  1. Nice, love the serpent the serpent tail ones. Good orange gauss energy glow

    ReplyDelete