Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Praetorian Tails 3D Printed!

The package arrived! They look great.

The sprue is very thin and bends easily. That's ok, it's only there to keep the parts in one piece. The tails themselves are firm. I can apply some flex to the tip of the tail by applying pressure to it, I have no doubt that these are going to hold the torso and other bits in place. There are no blemishes that I can see, and the surface is pretty smooth. I think I'll basecoat these a bit thicker and paint them as they are, with no prior sanding.

I think I nailed the size. Especially considering I'm going to remove those balls hanging from Praetorian backs.

You can read here about why and how I designed these.

And if you like what you see, I also made them available to buy here.

Here are the pics, and thanks for looking!





2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are amazing! They came out so good! QUICK GET PAINT ON THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sad to say, probably not anytime soon. I have trips lined up for a while, my miniatures will have to wait until I get back.

      Delete