Sunday, August 23, 2015

Forbidden Stars World Eaters

I am writing this months after having painted the miniatures. From memory, here are the paints I used.

I basecoated all minis in Chaos Black.

Reds: a solid layer of Wazdakka red, a wash of Agrax Earthshade, Wazdakka again but only covering flat, elevated surfaces and avoiding inlays - leaving them darker. Finally, I think I mixed Wazdakka Red with Wild Rider Red to brighten some elevated areas. It might have been a mix of Wazdakka Red and Scar White instead.

Bronze: a solid layer of Brass scorpion, a wash Agrax Earthshade, a thin layer of Hashut Copper over all elevated surfaces, and edge highlights in Gehenna's Gold on all edges that I expect to reflect light.

Steel: Leadbelcher followed by Nuln Oil, then Runefang Steel on elevated areas.

Rocks/bases: Eshin Grey, Nuln Oil, drybrushed Administratum Grey. Or maybe I drybrushed Ulthuan Grey, not sure. I think it's Administratum Grey.











6 comments:

  1. Holy !&)@$&@!$)(&@! this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing! Do you have a write up with the process and colors used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the kind words :)

      I updated the blogpost with what I think were the colors I used. It's a very simple recipe - solid color, wash, reapply solid color on elevated, flat areas, and maybe brighten any part that light is expected to fall on naturally. You can change the colors to fit whatever you have in your paint collection.

      Thanks,
      - Bocete

      Delete
  3. Amazing! How did you paint the other 3 armies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only painted two of the three, you can see all my Forbidden Stars work at http://bonecron.blogspot.com/search/label/Forbidden%20Stars

      I will get around to painting Ultramarines someday. I don't like smurfs, so I'd rather spend time painting other things.

      Delete