Sunday, February 18, 2018

Converted Redemptor Dreadnought

This one's not a pregnought!


So there's a few things changed compared to a normal Redemptor:

I found some chains on Ebay to hang the sword with. It's the sword of the Templar imprisoned inside, I guess. Bass strings visually pad the empty space in his lower back. A WHFB Empire Steam Tank shield is his codpiece.

Overall, this is probably my favorite GW kit I've ever assembled. So many bits, so nicely thought out! And it's posable like no other model.

It sucks that it normally comes headless, as having a head is kinda necessary to express intent or attention at any particular thing. With just the casket, you can make the model stand as cool as you want, the model will look like it's looking at the sky and is being bored by it.

The base is a random bit of plasic I've been using to pose him. The actual base should be bigger and look better, one would hope.

Anyway, here's are all the pics! Thanks for taking a look.

















8 comments:

  1. Sweet, like what you did with the belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the torso is much improved. That and the sword (presumably the one he wielded prior to internment?) still strapped to his armor is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the idea :)

      In truth, I botched the waist I made for him out of putty. I had to put something in there to visually distract, and something that would only be on his right side as his chest assembly is heavily leaning and I couldn't pad symmetrically. I hope it's going to look great once painted.

      Delete
  3. Your posing and alterations have entirely redeemed this model. Although I think the Leviathan or a Relic Contemptor Dreadnought are a better deal for their points cost (and have better staying power) I might actually consider fielding one after seeing what you've done.

    Am I correct in that the majority of the alteration of the "preg-gut" was chopping out the top panel and sliding it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response, I missed this one. Yup, exactly! I uploaded some pics to https://bonecron.blogspot.com/2018/12/on-tucking-in-redemptor-dreadnoughts.html.

      Delete
  4. How was the belly removed/tucked? I just bought 2 and am dying to make them look better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some work in progress pics and uploaded them to https://bonecron.blogspot.com/2018/12/on-tucking-in-redemptor-dreadnoughts.html. It should explain the whole process, especially if you have Redemptor bits in hand.

      Delete